ExplainMyProduct is a micro-business founded by Yash Ambardekar, and run by Stefan von Imhof, with contracted writers around the world. It’s not a large operation, and probably never will be. It’s more of a fun side project that turned into something a bit bigger.
ExplainMyProduct started out as a social experiment. The idea was to see if people would be willing to get honest feedback from others by giving it to someone else first. After a fairly successful ProductHunt launch, Yash sold the site to Stefan, a website investor who saw the site’s potential and adjusted the business model to help it grow.
Did You Know?
- Since launch, over 500 websites have been submitted to ExplainMyProduct
- A new website is submitted about once every 50 hours
- Unrelated fun fact: ExplainMyProduct’s owner Stefan is also the author of the world’s largest Australian slang dictionary.
Since nobody reads privacy policies, I figured I’d lay things out simply:
- There is no registration or passwords.
- You do not need to register or create a password to use any part of the site.
- All feedback is completely anonymous. There is no record kept of who writes a review.
- Once a review is submitted, it is published to the web. Here’s an example.
- If you submit your email address, it is stored in the database, and I have the right to email you (which I rarely ever do.)
- You can unsubscribe from email notifications at any time.
- If you submit a GDPR request, I will remove your email address from the database. This is the only personally identifiable data about you.
- I use Google Analytics for visitor tracking and collect the usual usage data.
- Payments are processed through Stripe.
- There are no 3rd party ads on the site.
- I don’t disclose or sell your data.